Featured Post

What (Not) to Wear

Have you been to the gym lately? No, I wasn't implying anything... I just mean, What are people wearing to the gym these days? Anything ...

Monday, June 18, 2012

Your Best/Worst Teacher/Student Memory

Now that school has come to a close, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.  We made it.

This is where I invite you, dear readers, to contribute your experiences with teachers and/or students: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

To get you started, I will contribute an excerpt from a much-loved book of mine, Rookie Teaching For Dummies.

"I will never, never, never forget the safety lecture given to me by my tenth-grade chemistry teacher.  During it, she talked about how dangerous it was to wear loose-fitting clothing while performing experiments.  As she talked, she walked over to one of the most attractive girls in the class. 'You see, if Melissa's nice, expensive shirt caught fire because its sleeves are too loose, I'd be forced, and within my rights, to rip her shirt off to prevent her from becoming burned.'

"You could hear a pin drop.  Every male student's eyes bugged out of his head, trying to conjure up just that image, and every female students groaned inwardly, thinking of the humiliation such a dramatic event would prevail upon an adolescent... I still roll up my sleeves even if I just have a fleeting thought about a Bunsen burner."

1 comment:

  1. does this mean no more new teacher musings till sept? say it aint so! we want more!

    ReplyDelete